ARAB AMERICAN CULTURAL & COMMUNITY CENTER
SERVING THE ARAB AMERICAN COMMUNITY
Sign up to our news letter today to get informed about the Ladies Night Out and all future events
ACC 2019-2020 Scholarship Announcement
The Arab American Cultural and Community Center is pleased to announce the annual College Scholarship Program for Arab American students who seek or currently attend a College orUniversity. The application period will run from Tuesday, September 3rd, 2019 to Thursday, October 31st, 2019.
To apply for The Arab-American Cultural & Community Center Scholarship Program, please submit the following items in a neat package in a clear binder in the order:
1. Complete the attached application form. Must be enrolled in accredited Senior High School, College, or University. And of Arabic origins.
prove of enrollment
in accredited Senior High School, College, or University in USA.
3. Submit two letters of recommendation from either your teachers and/or employers. These should state how long you have been acquainted, what the nature of the relationship is, comments about your character and abilities, and any other information you would like the committee to consider.
4. Prepare and attach an essay of at least 500 words (typed, double-spaced, 12 point font, no more than two pages long), describing your career goals, your reasons for choosing these goals and what you have done thus far to prepare yourself and how you hope to give back to your community one day. Please state any previous volunteer work for the ACC or any other non-profit organization.
5. Attach an official transcript of your grades from your high school and college (if you have begun taking classes).
6. A Signed commitment pledge to volunteer for the Arab American Center in Houston for at least 10 hours during the semester in which the scholarship was awarded.
Mail or bring in your packet to:
The Arab-American Cultural & Community Center
10555 Stancliff Road
Houston, TX 77099
Attn: Scholarship Program
Application Submissions Deadline: Package must be received by October 31st, 2019.
Scholarship recipient will be notified starting November 30th, 2019.
Scholarship will be paid into 2 payments. Last payment made after the volunteering hours have been completed to satisfaction.
For more information, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Disclaimer: The ACC is a nonprofit, nonpolitical and non-religious institution with the sole mission to serve the Arab American community through cultural programs, outreach and social services; promoting Arab heritage and fostering a greater understanding of Arab Culture among the Houston community at large by serving as a liaison and resource center.